My Journey

Losing Our Josiah A Journal in a Mother's Darkest Season

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabaster, Alabama, United States

I am from San Juan, Puerto Rico. I speak fluent Spanish and English.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Hear Me


This road is lonely does anyone hear me?
Can anyone hear the pain and agony that screams inside of me?
Can you hear my anger?
Can you hear my emptiness?
Can you hear and see what I see?
Can you hear my weariness, my depression, and my broken heart?
Can you hear my son?
Can you hear his battle cries?
Can you hear his heart?
Can you hear his plea?

My Josiah I don't have the words to tell you how much I love you. You are infused in my soul. When I look at your tired eyes I still see you. Even though your little body is broken, I still see you. I can still see you, Josiah. Even though your hands and feet fail you, even though your voice is gone, even though you struggle to eat, I can still see you. I love you and this cancer cannot rob you of you. You are still there and I love looking in your soul. When you sleep I see you, when you are sad I see you. I can see you and not this mallody. There is so much more to you than this disease. It doesn't define you, God does. I love who you are and the person God made you to be.

6 Comments:

Blogger dana said...

Maria, I have met you before, and I know you don't know me, but I am praying for you and so is my church family up here in Michigan. I have a very empathetic heart, and I have put myself in your shoes. I have a son around the same age, and even though we don't have similar situations, I can put myself there and it does hurt. I have cried reading your post, cuz I know that love. Please know God knows what He is doing, stay strong in Him. You are all in our prayers.

12:27 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Touch her, Jesus....Give her the strength that only You can give her.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

God give them strength. Be with these amazing strong and vulnerable parents, Lord. God give them comfort and peace. Give them faith. Touch them, Father.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Father, hear her cries, see her tears, feel her pain. Comfort her, gives her peace, give her strength. Give her assurance. Have MERCY on Maria. Touch her Father in a way that only you can.

1:13 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

gotta go buy some more kleenex

my heart is breaking for you guys.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Jason Sheppard said...

Hello,
i am writing from far away Saskatchewan, Canda. I stumle upon your blog b/c you commented on my friend Karyn's. Maria, I have a four year old named Joshua. The thought of him ill.....not possible. I am praying for Josiah. I'll likely not meet either of you in this life, but we are family. I am praying for you both, and I will have my church pray as well.
In Christ,
Jason Sheppard

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home