My Journey

Losing Our Josiah A Journal in a Mother's Darkest Season

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabaster, Alabama, United States

I am from San Juan, Puerto Rico. I speak fluent Spanish and English.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Part II 08/17/05



Eleven hours after surgery Josiah's ventricles were radically smaller. The shunt was doing it's job, praise God. Since Josiah felt better we were discharged and we were glad to get back home. Well little did I know being home would start a whole other drama. Since Josiah had brain surgery and on steroids you can only imagine the horrible fits he had. His behavior was extremely irractic, demanding, and impossible to work with. It was heart wrenching seeing him act this way. The only thing we could do was to ride those times out and boy did we do a lot of riding out. Once the first two weeks passed since surgery Josiah started acting much better. We were so relieved.

Since then Josiah has been able to go to school from 9-1PM Mon.-Fri. He loves it and he really loves his little school friends. His teacher Mrs. Gretchen is amazing. She has made everyone these little gloves with the fingers cut out so that everyone can wear an arm brace like Josiah. The kids loved it. He has to wear one because his left hand is very weak. His school has been incredible to us and a great blessing.

As for me I am just living from day to day. I am extremely sad, but coping. I continue to be there for my boys and that's about it. I place my hope in God and continue to believe. This is a lonely road but God I know You are with me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

There are a force of praying women... friends, mothers, and warriors... lifting you up throughout the day. I love you, Maria.

10:22 AM  
Blogger turtlepearl said...

Dear Maria, I woke up at around 5 am this morning with you & Dan & your precious children on my mind. I have been praying for you for the last hour, I know people everywhere are lifting you all up in prayer daily. We had special prayer for Josiah at church on Wednesday.
I know your heart is breaking. But I truly believe that Jesus has Josiah in His Arms & one way or another, he WILL be ok. Hang in there, Sweetie & rest in those Arms yourself. We're all here lifting you up. I've never even met your family & yet I feel such a great love for you all. I know others in the "family of God" do too.
There is a song that plays often on Christian radio - "Even when I'm walking through the valley of the shadow, I'll hold tight to the Hand of Him whose Love will comfort me, And when all hope is gone & I've been wounded in the battle, He is all the Strength that I will ever need, He will carry me."

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home