My Journey

Losing Our Josiah A Journal in a Mother's Darkest Season

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabaster, Alabama, United States

I am from San Juan, Puerto Rico. I speak fluent Spanish and English.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

The Cross

I use to think I knew "some things" about life, but now I feel like I am starting over. All of my perceptions and "opinions" on things have dramatically changed. The only thing I am left with is this: Christ died and rose again so that when life hands you devastation, through Christ, you can survive. I say "survive" because as a mom seeing my little boy go through something like this it's a matter of survival. When I think about the Cross it gives me hope in a hopeless situation. Every other opinion or belief is rubbish. Being in this circumstance ,I can understand why people, who live without Christ, use drugs and alcohol to escape life's harsh journey. As for me, I think about Job a lot. He had everything taken away from him. Yet he held onto God and that's me, I am holding on. Even though Job had it worse than me, he sure did leave an incredible example. It has taken me time to come to this realization, that regardless of the outcome God still has my heart. Even if I suffer and lose everything, He still has my heart.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

You are ministering to me.

1:48 AM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Beauty of the Cross.

1:50 AM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

After I said that in the last post, I couldn't get this song out of my head & felt I should sure the lyrics with you.
Here's the lyrics from the Crystal Lewis song "Beauty of the Cross"

King of my life I crown you now
You're the ruler of my heart
I will wear it loud
I will tell the whole world about you
You died in my place
You suffered just for me
Just so I could live
You were broken & bruised
And I will tell the whole world about you
The cross, stained by blood
The Beauty of the Cross
King of my life I crown you now
You're the healer I've longed for
Now Heaven I'm sure
And I will tell the whole world about you
Thorns on your brow
Stripes on your back
So innocent, you did it all for me
Nails in your hands
Nails in your feet
Sword in your side,
You did it all for me
You paid the cost
That's the Beauty of the Cross.

2:12 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Thank you for being so open and transparent, Maria. Your courage to even share such raw emotion inspires me. It also spurs me to a deeper understanding, and a closer relationship with my Savior. Thank you for being obediant in this.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home