My Journey

Losing Our Josiah A Journal in a Mother's Darkest Season

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabaster, Alabama, United States

I am from San Juan, Puerto Rico. I speak fluent Spanish and English.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

A Good Night Prayer

Dan and I just finished putting Josiah to bed. Josiah is learning to pray. He is a little shy, but he prays if he repeats after Dan or myself. Tonight Josiah prayed for the following people: Benaiah, Zach, Jess, Nikki, Nana, Pepi, Hailey, Mamita, Papito, tia Vicki, tia Kat, and Pastor Lloyd. He also asked God to heal him. All Josiah knows is that he has a yucky ball in his little brain. Even with that knowledge he continues to live life like nothing is wrong. He plays, throws fits, loves Ben, likes to "poot", and plays XBOX. Just looking at him you wouldn't be able to tell. As I was hearing Josiah pray, I thought "Even though he has this life threatening disease he is praying for others." He prayed with a child like faith, the faith God longs for us to have in Him. He is so innocent and he loves people. I am learning so much from him.

">Link

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Isn't it amazing what, if we allow ourselves, can learn from children?

1:33 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

What a sweetheart!

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home