My Journey

Losing Our Josiah A Journal in a Mother's Darkest Season

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabaster, Alabama, United States

I am from San Juan, Puerto Rico. I speak fluent Spanish and English.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The Best Good Night Hug

Last night, I just finished putting Josiah to bed, when he called me back into his room and just hugged me for atleast five minutes. I was alittle caught off guard because he normally does not do that atleast not that long. I asked him a couple of questions like are you okay, what are you thinking, and do you have any questions? He just said no. I responded and asked "Why are you hugging me so long?" He said "Because I love you". I had to withhold from sobbing right in front of him. Just for that moment it was like nothing was wrong. I just enjoyed his little arms wrapped around me. I felt like time had stayed still for that moment. I kissed his forehead and I told him," love you good night ", he repeated the same thing and went to sleep.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Don't you love it when your kids start expressing love on their own instead of with prompting. Tres is doing it now and I am eating it up. "I luvs you, Mama!"

12:57 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

How sweet.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home